Friday, March 4, 2011

Mmm Delicious Yaoi: Fresh Men

FreshMen (Yaoi) (Deux)
College freshman Takayuki Saito faints into the arms of sophomore Hitoshi Sato during their school's entrance ceremony. Not knowing that the reason for his fainting spell was from too much partying, all Sato sees is a fragile boy fresh out of high school who needs looking after. Unfortunately for Sato, it turns out that Saito is "fresh" in more ways than he can handle!
Since my goal for 2011 is to glean through my to be read pile(s) of manga I finally got around to reading this one-shot today. One of the gripes I had was with the names; Saito and Sato. Seriously, for the first chapter I got the names confused, a lot. Thankfully though the two main characters had their own unique physical attributes so I was able to distinguish the two that way.

I really enjoyed the main story but I found the bonus side stories to catch my attention more. I'm adding to my wish list of manga Endless Rain by the same creator, the angst and emotions conveyed in this one-shot was really well executed so I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...